Jojoba oil is the liquid produced in the seed of the Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) plant, a shrub, which is native to southern Arizona, southern California, and northwestern Mexico.
As many beauty products have become so expensive and sometimes ineffective, switching to natural products might be the best thing you could do for your body for many reasons, natural products are affordable and their effects show during a small period of time but of course never forget to do a patch test just to make sure you’re not allergic to the product you’re about to use .
Benefits of the Jojoba oil:
- Jojoba oil could be highly beneficial for any types of hair, you can add it to your hair mask routine and you can also add a few drops to your conditioner which would go a long way, it also helps with fixing the damaged hair when combined with coconut oil and eruca oil and your favourite hair mask or simply apply the oils overnight and wash your hair in the morning if you prefer using them without any other products(you might need to cover your hair to avoid having oil patches on your pillow in the morning), you can also use it after showering to help with untangling your hair and giving it a healthy looking shine.
- It can also be used by men to keep their beards healthy and smooth and shiny, because self care is gender neutral.
- It can also be used to control oily skin, from my own experience having an oily skin and using oils like jojoba oil and sweet almond oil isn’t as bad as it might sound, i used to think that it was weird using oils on my skin but i was proven wrong, applying jojoba oil on a freshly washed face at night controls your oily skin and helps a lot with the oil control, rubbing it on the parts of your face that tends to be shiny like your forehead and nose will give wonderful results. surprisingly Jojoba oil can help reduce oiliness. This is by modulating the sebum production.
- Jojoba oil works in several ways to stop acne formation. First, it acts as a deep cleanser.
Secondly, Jojoba oil has antibacterial properties that help control bacterial growth it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, soothing the irritated skin. When used regularly, Jojoba oil can control acne.
- It can also be used to fix chapped lips: You need equal quantities of Jojoba oil and pure beeswax. To make a small quantity, melt 2 teaspoons of beeswax over a double boiler and add 2 teaspoons of Jojoba oil. Mix well and take it off the heat. You can add natural flavors by mixing in a few drops of peppermint or lavender essential oil. Allow to cool in a small glass container.
- You can also use jojoba oil for dry feet and hands it helps with soothing the skin.
the aforementioned ways to use the oil and recipes are just the writers own experiences and opinions so please remember that not all skin types are the same and don’t forget to test the product or the recipe on a small part of your hand to make sure you’re not allergic and that it suits you.
please share with us your opinion whether it’s positive or negative.